Super Nintendo World™ Super Fan Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Super Nintendo World™ Super Fan Contest (the “Contest”) offers eligible “Entrants” (as defined in Section 2) the opportunity to submit a video up to two (2) minutes in length explaining why they deserve to go to Universal Studios Japan to experience Super Nintendo World (the “Video” or “Submission”). The Sponsor of this Contest is Universal Studios Japan, 2 Chome-1-33 Sakurajima, Konohana Ward, Osaka, 554-0031, Japan ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, Florida 32789 ("Administrator"). The game developer is Hakuhodo (“Game Developer”). The Sponsor, Administrator, and Game Developer shall collectively be referred to as the “Contest Entities”. GRAND PRIZE (AS DEFINED IN SECTION 8) DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION, ACCOMMODATIONS OR PARKING OTHER THAN SPECIFIED BELOW.
The Contest will operate as follows:
Submission Period: The Submission Period begins on or about Tuesday, January 14, 2020 and ends on Monday, January 20, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time (“ET”).
Finalist Selection: Entries (as defined in Section 3) will be evaluated in accordance with the criteria is Section 4 to determine five (5) finalists (each a “Finalist”) to progress to the on-air gameplay round.
Finalist Notification: Potential Finalists will be notified on or about January 24, 2020, as detailed in Section 5.
Gameplay: On Wednesday, February 19, 2020, up to five (5) Finalists will appear on the TODAY Show at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 120112 (“30 Rockefeller Plaza”) to play the Nintendo-themed interactive game (the “Game”) for a chance to win the Grand Prize (as defined in Section 8).
2. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY: The Entrant must meet the following eligibility criteria and agree to complete any/all requested releases:
Entrant, if selected as a Finalist, must be physically present at 30 Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday, February 19, 2020. Entrants are responsible for securing their own transportation to and from 30 Rockefeller Plaza (no travel or accommodations will be provided);
Entrant must be a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories) and must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and of the age of majority in his or her state of primary residence at the time of entry;
Entrant, if selected as a potential Finalist, must consent to an interview and/or background check as a condition of being considered or confirmed as a Finalist;
Entrant must not be under any contractual obligation that would conflict with this Contest or these Official Rules;
Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified on the entry form;
Entrant must not be an employee, officer, director, agent or representative of Contest Entities, NBCUniversal Media and the TODAY Show (“Broadcast Partner”), or their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, representatives or advertising agencies, nor can Entrant be an Immediate Family Member and/or Household Member of such persons. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses; and
Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrant will be required to submit a Video explaining why he or she deserves to go to Universal Studios Japan to experience Super Nintendo World. Video must be no longer than 2-minutes in length. Entrant must be the rightful owner of the Video and must have permission of any other person who appears or is identified in Video. If any minors appear in Video, the Entrant must be that minor’s parent and/or legal guardian. Professional Videos with watermarks are not eligible.
To enter the Contest, the Entrant must visit www.today.com (the “Website”) during the Submission Period, click the Contest link, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and thereafter submit the online entry form with his or her first name, last name, address, email and phone number and upload his or her Video (collectively, “Entry”).
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and Broadcast Partner and will not be acknowledged or returned. You must submit the Video as part of your Entry to enter and be eligible for the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrant grants Sponsor, Broadcast Partner and their designees the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Submission and to incorporate the Submission in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. Entrant warrants that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and Broadcast Partner and that the Sponsor or Broadcast Partner’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. If Submission contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive or if any Submission does not comply with these Official Rules or meet Sponsor or Broadcast Partner’s standards for any reason, as determined by Sponsor and Broadcast Partner in their sole discretion, such Submission (and the related Entry) may be rejected as ineligible for consideration and/or deleted from the Website. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Submission.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Submission Period. Multiple entries received from any person beyond this limit will void all such additional entries. Entries must be received in accordance with the terms set forth herein by Monday, January 20, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that his/her Submission is uploaded by the end of the Submission Period. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Contest. Contest Entities reserve the right to allow for minor fluctuations in Video runtime based on clear intent to comply with the Official Rules, as determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Entrants must provide all requested information; incomplete or inaccurate Entries may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Contest Entities. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible Entries will not be considered. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Contest Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant that Contest Entities determine to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. The Contest Entities decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the rules generally. If Entrant opts to submit his or her Entry via a web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See applicable wireless service provider terms for details on rates and capabilities. Contest Entities reserve the right to change the Submission Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Contest, at any time and in its sole discretion.
4. SELECTION OF FINALISTS: On or about Tuesday, January 21, 2020, a panel of qualified judges selected by Contest Entities (“Judges”) will review all eligible Entries received during the Submission Period and select up to five (5) potential Finalists based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Relevance to the Contest Theme: 50%
In the event of a tie, the Judges will break the tie by selecting the tied Entrant who received the highest points from the Judges for Relevance to the Contest Theme as the potential Finalist. Contest Entities reserve the right to pick fewer than five (5) Finalists (or none at all), or to extend the Submission Period if the Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries, as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion. The selection and review process may occur on a rolling basis as Entries are received. Sponsor determination of Finalists is subject to verification of eligibility, results of interview and/or background check (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and compliance with these Official Rules. Judging scores will not be revealed.
5. POTENTIAL FINALIST NOTIFICATION AND RELEASES: On or about January 24, 2020, up to five (5) potential Finalists as determined by the Judges will be notified via the email and/or at the phone number associated with the Entry. Finalist must be able to receive calls from a blocked or unknown number. Potential Finalists will be required to respond to the notification as directed by the Contest Entities within two (2) days of such notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the potential Finalist standing and, in such case, Contest Entities may select an alternate Finalist, based on the Judging Criteria. Potential Finalists may be required as a condition of continued eligibility to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Waiver of Liability and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release and other related documents required by the Contest Entities (collectively, the “Finalist Documents”). Potential Finalists will be required to return the Finalist Documents in accordance with the deadlines communicated by the Contest Entities. The failure to respond and/or return the Finalist Documents in accordance with the stated deadlines may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest.
6. RECORDING: Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner, in their sole discretion, may choose to record and/or broadcast the appearance of Finalists on the Today Show. If Contest Entities or Broadcast Partner, in their sole discretion, elect to incorporate any audio and/or video recording of Entrants and/or Finalists (the “Recording”) into the Today Show or other television shows, the taping and/or the Recording will not be considered an employment opportunity, and Finalists and/or Entrants will not be entitled to compensation or credit thereof. Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner will determine the nature of the Recording in their sole discretion. If the Recording is broadcast, such broadcast will be at a time, for a length of time, and on a date determined by Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner in their sole discretion. The content of the Recording as, and if, finally exhibited and the number of exhibits and re-airs thereof, if any, will be determined by Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner in their sole discretion. Finalists will not have a right of review, notice, or approval of the content of the Recording or any exhibition or exploitation thereof. Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify Finalists, cause the prizes to be forfeited, and remove Finalists from the Today Show at any time, if any Finalist’s behavior is deemed by Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner to be disruptive or if it may or does cause damage to person, property, or reputation of Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner or if it otherwise violates the policies of Broadcast Partner, or if Finalists do not follow the directions of Contest Entities and Broadcast Partner at all times.
7. GAME: On Wednesday, February 19, 2020, the confirmed Finalists must report to 30 Rockefeller Plaza, as directed by the Broadcast Partner, to take part in a game (“Game”) on the TODAY Show to determine one (1) potential Grand Prize winner (“Winner”), based on the outcome of the Game (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Additional Game details and instructions will be provided to Finalists on-site. Winning is subject to verification of eligibility. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to choosing the Winner.
Potential Winner will be required as a condition of continued eligibility to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Waiver of Liability, and, except where prohibited, Publicity Release (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Form”). Potential Winner will be required to return the Prize Acceptance Form in accordance with the deadlines communicated by the Contest Entities. If the potential Winner is found ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, fails to complete the Prize Acceptance Form, declines the Grand Prize or is otherwise disqualified (at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities), the potential Winner will be disqualified and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize to the runner-up Finalist and/or the Administrator will conduct a random drawing to award the Grand Prize to an alternate Finalist. The Winner must provide the Contest Entities with his or her social security number for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to the Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received for the year in which the Grand Prize was fulfilled.
8. GRAND PRIZE: There will be one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) awarded to the Winner. The Grand Prize consists of a trip for the Winner and up to three (3) travel companions (“Guests”) to visit Super Nintendo World™ at Universal Studios Japan (the “Trip). The Grand Prize Winner has the option to take the Trip on dates specified by the Sponsor to experience the Super Nintendo World pre-opening event (“Event”) or the Winner may select alternate travel dates as long as travel is completed by December 20, 2020.
Trip will include: round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from an international gateway airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion) to Osaka, Japan; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) in Osaka, Japan (as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport in Osaka; admission for four (4) people to Universal Studios Japan to experience Super Nintendo World; admission to four (4) to the Event, if applicable. The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of Trip is Eight Thousand Dollars ($8000). Grand Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Restrictions may apply. GRAND PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION, ACCOMMODATIONS OR PARKING OTHER THAN SPECIFIED ABOVE.
Guests must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless the Winner or one (1) of the other allotted Guests is the parent or legal guardian of a Guest. Each Guest (or if a Guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to verify eligibility and to execute a Guest Release, as directed by the Administrator. Failure to return the executed Guest Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of participation for the Guest. Winner and Guests must each possess a valid passport a minimum of one (1) month prior to the earliest possible travel date and such passport must be valid for at least six (6) months following the latest possible travel date. Winner and Guests will be responsible for obtaining the necessary passports, and other travel documents required for travel to Japan (collectively, “Required Travel Documents”). Any and all costs associated with obtaining or expediting the Required Travel Documents will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and Guests.
Reservations are subject to availability. Travel dates are subject to approval by the Contest Entities. FMV of Grand Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Grand Prize with no Guests or fewer than three (3) Guests, the Grand Prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Grand Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Grand Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date and are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, including but not limited to sales and use taxes, excise taxes, income and U.S. withholding taxes, fees and like amounts in connection with a Winner’s award, acceptance or use of a prize arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of Winner.
Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. All travel and lodging will be at the risk of Winner and Guests. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s representatives. Grand Prize cannot be transferred by Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Grand Prize by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value at their sole discretion.
Trip Conduct: Winner and Guests shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The Winner and Guests shall not, while a guest of the Contest Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Winner and Guests shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Contest Entities in society or bring the Contest Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Contest Entities. In the event the Winner or Guests engage in the above or behavior that (as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Contest Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Winner and Guests home with no further compensation.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle notification and fulfillment tasks on Sponsor’s behalf. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Contest Entities, Broadcast Partner and their respective officers, directors, and employees and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with Grand Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on the Website and the use by Contest Entities of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for Entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, any pre-emption/interruption/cancellation of the taping, promos, or elements of the Contest, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Website. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Contest, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
11. DISPUTES: The Contest is subject solely to the applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States; provided, however, that, except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state courts located in the County of Orange, State of Florida; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. Any waiver by Sponsor of any obligation owed by an entrant hereunder does not constitute a general waiver of any obligations owed by other entrants.
13. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "Super Nintendo World Super Fan contest" Winner/Rules, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789. Requests must be received by March 15, 2020.
NBCUniversal Media, LLC and The TODAY Show are not sponsors of the Contest and are not responsible for the administration or fulfillment of the Contest.